Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My New Diet

I had my 1st appointment with my dietician today. They showed me how to check my bloodsugar. I was really nervous because I hate needles, but it really was super, super easy! I barely even felt anything stick me.

The hard part is going to be the diet. I have to write down everything I eat and what time I eat. I have to eat 6 times a day and I have to wait at least 2-2 1/2 hours in between each meal. For everything I eat, I have to measure it and count the carbs, fat, and protein for everything. Bottom line... it's going to take a LOT of planning! And it's really going to be hard when school starts and I have to track all these times for meals and checking bloodsugar at specific times. All that while still trying to manage my classroom schedule and actually teach! It will definately be an adjustment, but at least it should go away after Katie's born and that's onlly 10 weeks away. So I can do this for just 2-3 months.

No comments: