Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Colorado Day 6 golf



Friday we hung out in Buena Vista... again. Andy played golf whild I drove the cart. That was actually the 1st time I've gone with Andy golfing and I had a lot of fun hanging out with my hubby! We met a couple who had been born and raised in Colorado and had lived in Buena Vista for a really long time. They said it's not uncommon at all to see deer, elk, moose, bear, etc on the golf course. He said one day they were in the clubhouse when a nervous golfer called in. There was a bear just hanging out on the fairway and he didn't know what to do about it. The people in the clubhouse just told him, "Well, don't run up to it or bother it." I guess he eventually walked off? I dont' know.

Friday was the 4th of July so we went to Salida to watch out 4th of July fireworks we go to every year. They set them off on the Salida mountain so they're up really high and everyone lines up along the river to watch the show. We saw about 4 or 5 fires start on the mountain where the debris from the fireworks had landed and caught fire. I was a little unimpressed with the fireworks show this year and I think maybe they cut it short because of the fires. Fires on the mountain during the fireworks show is not uncommon, but I don't remember seeing that many of them in past years.

No comments: