Saturday, July 26, 2008

Good finds!

I went to a consignment sale today and found some really cute stuff. I was amazed at how organized they were! I got several pairs of socks/booties, a pair of newborn mittens, and a few infant hats. I also found this cute giraffe toy. I first saw the blocks and decided to buy them. They have different textures and some of them rattle and stuff. I thought you just stack and build with them or just play with the different textures and sounds. I saw the giraffe by it, but didn't know what it was for so I left that there. When I went to pay for it all, they showed me the giraffe and how it all goes together. The giraffe has a hole in the top and a door on the bottom that opens so Katie can put the blocks in the top and watch them fall through the bottom. It also comes with batteries that I haven't put in yet, but I think it makes sounds.

And my favorite thing I found was the Winnie the Pooh stuffed animal set of 3. I think they're adorable, but even better than that, they are incredibly soft! I wish you could feel them on here! I asked the seller about how much they were used and how to clean them and she said she bought them for party decorations. They sat on a table outside for a party and she's never done anything else with them. So they haven't even been played with or anything. And I got all 3 for just $9!
I've started washing all Katie's stuff to get it all ready for her. I've been washing sheets and boppy covers. And now I'm getting her newborn clothes, hats, and booties, and washrags ready to wash. Then I'm going to start on blankets! I guess I'm starting that "nesting" thing getting ready for her. Her room and things are going to be so clean for her! I've still got 2 1/2 months before she's even here and I go in her room about every other day and just look around to see what I can do in there! LOL I think I'm ready for her.
I don't think I ever posted anything about her movement a few weeks ago, but Andy and I finally saw her move. That was so wierd! We just saw her move a few times one night a couple of weeks ago and not again until today. I saw her for just a few minutes earlier today. I know we'll see more of that as I get further along, but it's so much fun. Andy still hasn't been able to feel her move. She never moves in the exact same spot so wherever I put mine or Andy's hand on my stomach, she either stops moving completely or moves in another spot. Again, I'm sure there will just be more and more of that as I get further along. Fun stuff!

No comments: