Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Baby Nursery

Andy and I went out looking for a glider last weekend and instead found this great shelf for the nursery. We're going to get some canvas baskets for about helf of the cubbies. We're going to keep all the baby toys and stuffed animals for Katie on the bottom 2 shelves and we'll keep display stuff and things for us (diapers and wipes, etc) close at hand on some of the top shelves. After starting to get stuff we need for her we realized our new dresser and the closet were filling up very fast!

The pillow on the top shelf is from our wedding. Andy's mom made it with both of his grandmother's handkerchiefs. That's what we used for our ring bearer. I love the bear up there too. It's made from the same chenille fabrics as the bedding (and came with all the bedding.) Then I found the picture frame just by chance that's also made from the same chenille fabric as the bedding.

The stuffed animals there are from Andy's mom. A webkinz that's so, so soft and a cute little stuffed butterfly. I was having a hard time finding a mobile to match the bedding until Andy's mom gave us the butterfly. It matched the bedding perfectly. I told her that's what I wanted for a mobile but couldn't find anything like it. That's when she told me she found the butterfly at Pottery Barn Kids and they had mobiles with the same butterflies. Perfect! When I went to look for it they only had one left and it was the one they had used on display so they gave me 30% off! What a deal!

The nursery is really coming together now. Our next big step is deciding what color to paint. I love lavender but there's no lavender in the bedding. I think it would blend well with all the other colors, but I'm not sure yet. Still deciding.

No comments: