Sunday, July 20, 2008

Colorado Day 3






On Tuesday, we went fishing at a new lake (Wright Lake). The 5th picture is Andy's mom and sister, Becky. The bottom one is Andy's dad. This was my favorite lake we went to this year. It was up in the mountains on a back road. The scenery was beautiful. We saw a deer on our way out there. He was just hanging out in someone's front yard. What a dream to have a house in the mountains where you've got the beautiful scenery and deer wandering around your yard!
We caught a few fish here. I like Mickie's new way of fishing. We use a fly so every time I caught a fish, it just lipped it so I was able to just catch and release all week. Andy and I didn't keep any. And that's a good thing because I'm not a big trout eater.
We left early from fishing and drove up to Colorado Springs to see some old friends, Mindy and Matthew. Andy grew up with Mindy and I went to church with Mindy and Matthew when I first moved to Dallas. That's where Andy and I met. They made a really good dinner for us and let us stay overnight so we didn't have to drive 2 1/2 hours back at night. We had a really good time visiting with them and playing with their black lab, Max. (Check out her blog... It's listed on the right as "Taking It All In").

No comments: