Friday, June 27, 2008

And we're Off!

We're headed for the mountains! We made it halfway to Colorado today and will finish the drive tomorrow. I can't wait to get there. The highs are in the low 80s and Andy's parents (who have already been there for a week) said it's been getting down to the upper 30s at night! WOW, what a change from the 100 degree heat we've been in. We're going to be camping and with me being almost 6 months pregnant it will be an interesting trip.

We brought all 3 dogs with us and we're picking Andy's sister up while we're stopping through Amarillo. So tomorrow I'll be riding for about 7 hours in the backseat of Andy's truck, prego, with 3 dogs! I was actually very comfortable today. I told Andy I think it was the most comfortable and easy trip we've ever made together. Amazingly I didn't get carsick, even without dramamine. I don't know if it was the stopping every hour and a half to get out and stretch like the doctor said to do or if it's the maternity belt I've been wearing, but I never got uncomfortable at all! Hopefully tomorrow's drive will be just as nice.

Once we're in Colorado, we'll be camping in a pop-up trailer. I've never been in one of those before but I'm really excited! We figured with me pregnant it wouldn't be as much fun to stay in a tent like we did last year. The pop-up will be much better. I think it's supposed to have 2 queen size beds... with regular matresses! Not nice good thick ones of coarse, but I'm sure they will be a step up from our big air matress that seems to lose air no matter how much you blow it up. I remember last year constantly just rolling to the middle of the matress all night.

My biggest concern is having to get up every 2-3 hours all night to go to the bathroom. There's not a bathroom in the pop-up. But there is a real bathroom (not trees) at the RV park we're staying at and I think our spot is right by it. But still I'll have to get up and walk out in the cold all night to go. But you gotta do what you gotta do, right?

We're going to do lots of fishing and just relaxing in the nice cool mountain weather! Andy's mom said there are spots just on the side of the road on the pass up to the ski resort where there is still snow! Almost in July! We won't be able to take any 4 wheel drive trails which will also rule out one of our favorite places to fish. It's at the top of a mountain so there's usually still snow up there when we go. And with there being snow further down the mountain this year than usual, I'm sure there's lots up there. Oh well, it's not like I've never seen snow before.

We're supposed to have internet access at the RV park but I don't think it's very good. I'll try to post pictures and updates throughout the trip as much as I can. Check back over the next week for updates.

No comments: