Saturday, July 25, 2009

A Funny New "1st" for Daddy

Katie's finally getting over her 1st diaper rash. She's had it for 3 weeks! We followed the dr's recommendations of several diaper creams/ointments, baking soda soaks daily, lotrimin, and leaving her diaper off a little bit every day. When we do the latter, we put her in her pack n play with some easy to clean plastic toys in case she wets the sheets (which has happened a lot!)
The 2nd night we tried taking her diaper off, I put her in her pack n play and left her with her Daddy while I went to run a quick errand. About 10 minutes after I left, I got a call from Andy. Katie was playing and started saying her version of "uh oh" (something we've been trying to teacher her recently.) Andy didn't think anything of it and just kept repeating her like we usually do to help her learn the word.
When he finally looked up at her, she had pooped in the pack n play and was playing with it! He said it was all over her and she had a handful watching it smoosh through her fingers. Disgusting I know, but too hilarious not to post about.
I was really impressed with Andy though. For a Daddy who literally gags when he changes a poopy diaper, when he had to clean up the worst mess we've had so far, he was great. I got home and she was in her exersaucer completely bathed (not just rinsed off) and he had already cleaned all her toys. All I had to do was wash the sheet and clean off the matress underneath.
If it were me, I probably would've grabbed the camera 1st, but he was focused on the job at hand. HaHa
We learnd our lesson. Even though she's "safe" in her pack n play, we still need to watch her. lol

No comments: