Friday, July 10, 2009

Fun, Fun, Fun

I think 6-12 months is such a fun age. Before having Katie I didn't really know what to do with kids younger than about 3 or 4 years old but having your own you learn as you go.

I remember when she was about 2 months old Andy said, "When is she going to start doing 'stuff'?" I said, "but she is doing 'stuff.' She looks at us and recognizes us, she makes noises..." But now, she really does do "stuff"! I think I texted Andy about 10 times yesterday... stuff Katie was doing.

It's so much fun to see her explore all over the place and to see her choose a favorite toy out of her toybox. I read the book she's holding to her last night. She loves the texture I guess but hasn't hardly put it down since she discovered it.

The best is when she can go anywhere in the room or play with any number of toys, but she decides to crawl over to me, climb up on me, and give me a great big cuddle hug! I love my little "cuddle bug" and hope she stays that way. I'm having so much fun with her.

We can now add yet another fruit she doesn't like. Blueberries. She did finish them, but it took some work. She loves every vegetable she's tried (good girl), but the only fruit she really likes is avocado. And she's tried a LOT of fruits now.
I've been playing around with sewing too. This bib was my latest "experiment." I think it turned out pretty well. I saw one sort of like this on another blog I follow and thought it was too cute. And those hearts were the 1st time I've ever "appliqued" anything with my machine. I'm trying to get the confidence to put some stuff on ETSY and see what happens. I just don't want to sell something then have the buyer complain that it's not good enough quality or something. For now though, I'm just having fun experimenting and teaching myself how to sew (with lots of questions for my sister in law and mother in law.)

No comments: