Thursday, May 19, 2011

I Wanna Hold Hannah!

Katie was excited to meet Hannah, but really life had just gone on for her as usual.  She plays with her toys and occasionally checks on Hannah.  But she's getting more and more interested in her every day.  She has started asking more and more if she can hold Hannah.  She likes to give Hannah her blanket or her stuffed animals.  She helps push the button on Hannah's swing (which by the way, Hannah has started liking this week) and brings me diapers and wipes for her.  She tells me when Hannah is crying or sleeping.  And she always gives Hannah night night hugs and kisses.



She was asking to hold Hannah a couple of days ago.  I was washing dishes so I told her to wait a minute so I could help her.  I looked up and this is what I saw.  She had both hands under Hannah ready to try to pick her up.  So  sweet!

On another note, Katie still LOVES her books.  We never know when she wakes up from her naps or in the morning because she stays in bed looking at books and we never hear her.  She will stay in her bed for hours just looking at her books.  I read to her as often as I can at bedtime and when I'm not working, I read to her sometimes when I get her up in the morning.  She has a basket of books by her bed so she can get to them on her own.  I tell her to pick some books for us to read and she stands by her basket and throws ALL of them on the bed for us to read!  And yes, she does sit and listen while we read every single one of these books! 

I finally tried to put a headband in her hair.  I didn't think she would like it or keep it in her hair, but she left it alone.  She looks so grown up to me with her hair like that.

Photobucket

No comments: