Thursday, May 19, 2011

Hannah's 1 Month Check Up

I can't believe Hannah is already 1 month old (and 4 days)!  Wow, that's gone by so fast.  And another inch longer... 21".

She still loves to lay on her tummy.  She's awake a lot more and more alert.  She is srarting to stare at our faces when we're holding her and look around the room just soaking it all in.

Along with being awake more, she's also made it to her "fussy" stage.  Katie did this too, but she usually gets a little fussy in the evenings.  Some evenings she's cried for hours and hours, but there have been other evenings that she's barely cried at all.  She likes to be held and wants to be held over my shoulder with me patting her back. 

She starts to "cluster feed" at night, wanting to eat every hour or hour and a half.  She does this for a few hours then sleeps two or three 3-4 hour stretches.  Once we go to bed, I swaddle her in her bassinet, and turn out the lights, she sleeps pretty good.  Last night she had her longest stretch in between feedings.  She slept 5 hours and 45 minutes then another almost 4 hours!  I went to bed with a fever last night.  This is the 3rd time I've gotten sick with fever since she was born.  The doctor said it's probably just a virus and it's just because my immune system is really low right now because I'm not sleeping like I should.  So I was very thankful that she decided to sleep so long last night.  I needed that.



Photobucket

No comments: