Monday, June 22, 2009

Swim, Swim, Swim and Friends

Katie started swim classes last week. We really don't do anything that I couldn't do on my own at our neighborhood pool, but it's fun anyway. One of my friends and her little boy are in the class with us and that's fun. If we weren't taking the class, I probably wouldn't be out there with her in the pool every day either and probably wouldn't have had the courage to dunk her completely under water. Lauren, Logan, Katie, Me

She looks like a little Beach Baby.
She wasn't sure what to think of the water for the 1st few days. She wasn't fussy or anything, but stayed kind of frozen. If I picked her up out of the water or put her on her back or tummy, she would always keep her legs bent like she was sitting.

She's getting more comfortable in the water and will reach for her toys while I'm holding her and when I put her on her tummy. She's starting to kick her legs too when I hold her on her tummy and let her "swim" to get her toy or back and forth with me and her teacher or me and daddy.

I'm most proud though that she let me dunk her the 1st day and was OK with it. We even sang The Wheels on the Bus with a verse of the babies on the bus go up and down... and dunked her 3 times in a row and she was perfectly fine with that! She's starting to like "jumping" off the side and going under.

The pool at her swim classes is a saltwater pool and I guess she thinks that tastes funny because when she goes under water, she comes up sticking her tongue out over and over again. She's my little froggy.
Now we're working on blowing bubbles in the water. She's done it a few times, but I can't get her to do it consistently.
Saturday we went to our neighborhood pool with Andy to show him how well she does in the pool. Here's some video of her "jumping" and going under water.


She's had a couple of play dates this week too while I went to some teacher workshops. When she went to play with Audrey, she slept the whole time. 3 hours! That was after her 1st swim class last week. She's had 2 play dates with Logan after our swim classes and she's stayed up more for those so they were able to play a little bit. Aren't they cute!


Katie and Logan

No comments: