Wednesday, June 10, 2009

8 months (and a couple of weeks)

I forgot to post when Katie turned 8 months so this is a little late. She's growing so fast. I realized a few weeks ago that she's not a newborn anymore. She's growing so fast. She's definitely got her own personality that we can see and is doing so much.
She's trying to talk and imitates sounds we make. She LOVES to hear herself make noises! She laughs a lot now and we've discovered how to make her laugh. She loves to be tickled on her tummy and playing "peek a boo" with a blankie over her face.
She's getting so close to crawling a pulling herself up to standing. I need to put some things in our living room for her to pull up on. Right now, there's not anything really good in there for her to practice pulling up on. Mostly she tries pulling up on me either when I'm laying on the floor with her or if I'm sitting then she'll grab my shirt to pull up on.
Look at that red hair. It seems to get redder every day! That's from her Daddy.

I don't know her weight and height this month. She goes back for her 9 month the first week of July so she'll be a couple of weeks late on that too. Last time we took her in she was 6 months and 2 weeks and she weighed 16 lbs 10 oz.
I forgot to post this for her 7 month, but another really cute thing she does is grab at your face (and jewelery!) She's so fascinated with facial features now, especially your mouth and teeth. If your mouth is within reach of her, she'll have her hands in there grabbing at your teeth in no time at all. We're still waiting on her teeth to come in. I was 6 months old and Andy was 9 months old when he got his 1st tooth and she's 8 1/2 now. It looks like she's going to take after her Daddy on this one too.

No comments: