Sunday, June 21, 2009

9 month update

Katie will be 9 months in just 2 days. My how the time flies. She's so much fun and growing by leaps and bounds! Just in the last 2-3 weeks she's been doing so much.

~Last Monday she clapped with open hands for the first time and finally rolled from her back to her tummy. She's been rolling from her tummy to her back for several months now, she's rolled from her back to her side and from her side to her tummy many times, but never all the way from her back to tummy until last week.

Last night for the first time she was sleeping on her back as usual, but woke up crying and when I went to check on her she had rolled over to her tummy and went back to sleep that way. She's done that a couple of times today too for her naps.
~She goes from laying on her back to sitting. I put her down for a nap a few days ago and apparently she wasn't sleepy. She was crying for about 10 minutes and when I went in to check on her, she was sitting in her crib. So cute.

~She's still trying to crawl. I don't know if I would say she's crawling yet, but she almost does the "army crawl." She squirms but can make it pretty far across the floor that way to get to whatever she wants. UPDATE... I typed all this last night before posting and tonight she DID crawl! I addeed a little to the end of the video clip of her crawling and pulling up tonight!

~She's pulling up really well. She especially loves to stand hugging her Daddy's leg. ~A couple of weeks ago she started saying "ma ma ma ma." She was already saying "ba ba ba ba" and "da da da da." Now I think we're going to work on "night night" next because she says the "n" sound a lot.

~When she is sleepy, she pulls her arm up by her face, turns and sucks on her arm. That's how she falls asleep. She's done that for months but I love it and dont' know if I've ever posted anything about it. ~Something else she's done for a while but I never posted about is how she loves to chew on her toes, especially when I'm changing her diaper.~She's getting too big for her bouncer. I put her in here a couple of days ago with a Baby Einstein DVD on so I could get dressed, but when she dropped her toy, this is what happened. :)

1 comment:

Jennifer said...

We have that same bouncy seat! ha ha ha!!! Such lucky little girls we have!