Thursday, June 16, 2011

Hannah's 2 Month Check Up

Hannah Grace had her 2 month check up today and she's doing great!  She weighs 11 lbs 6 oz now (75th percentile), is 22.8 inches tall (75th percentile), and her head is 15 inches around (50th percentile). 

She's starting to smile sometimes and coo and make noises.

She still likes to sleep with her left arm straight up in the air.  She will sleep like this for at least 30 minutes at a time when she's in her swing or bouncer before she finally puts it down.

She's awake a lot and likes to look around at this big, new world around her.

Katie loves her baby sister.  Our beautiful redheads!  I never thought I would have a redheaded kid, and now I've got 2 and I love it!

Poor baby got 3 shots and 1 oral vaccination today.  Of coarse she didn't like any of it.  She screamed and cried when she got those shots but calmed down and fell asleep really quick as soon as I picked her up.  She did great for about 3-4 hours after her shots but started feeling bad after that.  No fever, but I think she was sore and feeling pretty crummy.  She cried and cried, but was very cuddly for me and slept in my arms for a really long time.  I LOVE holding my cuddly little girl!


She loves tummy time and playing on her playmat.  Anything with lights and sounds keeps her entertained for a while. 

I can't believe she's already 2 months old.  She's such a sweet baby.  I love her so much.  She's been a great night time sleeper.  She's slept two or three 3-4 1/2 hour stretches at night since she was born but in the last 2 weeks, she's been sleeping for a 6-7 hour stretch and then another 4-4 1/2 hour stretch most nights.  Last night she slept for 8 hours!  Good girl.  She loves to be swaddled (with her arms out, just like her big sister did) and sleeps great in her bassinet at night.  She's still sleeping in her bassinet in our bedroom.  When she consistently sleeps about 9+ hours then we'll put her in her crib.  But for now, I'm happy with her in our room with me and Andy.


Photobucket

No comments: