Sunday, August 30, 2009

Come Out, Come Out, Wherever You Are!

Katie finally cut her 1st 2 teeth on Friday night! 11 months and 4 days old! I thought she was going to have her 1st birthday toothless. Ever since she was 3 months old everytime she drools a lot or wakes up crying during the night (which is rare), we would think, "she must be teething!" After she passed 9 months old, the age when Andy got his 1st tooth, we gave up on that.

Friday night she was really fussy and had a little fever. I thought she was just getting sick from being so exhausted from this week. But when I nursed her before putting her to bed at 8:25 (yes I noticed the time... this was a huge, long awaited moment!) she bit me. She's done this before but this time it felt different. It didn't hurt. Just felt "different." I immediately knew why and stuck my finger in her mouth to feel teeth poking through her bottom gums! I freaked out and called Andy to hurry up and get home. He was getting us snowcones from the awesome Snow Cone Lady in town!

Andy is giving me a hard time telling me he doesn't believe me because he hasn't seen them yet. They're still level with her gums so they're hard to see, but I HAVE seen them a few times. It's both of her bottom front teeth and yes, they have broken through the gums! I've tried to get a picture, but not surprisingly I haven't been able to get one. I'll post as soon as they're sticking up enough to get a picture.

Oh and the fever was from fluid in her ear. She got an antibiotic and is fine, fever's gone. She's not contageous and ready for daycare in the morning.

No comments: