Sunday, August 30, 2009

11 Months!

It's hard to believe Katie's 11 months old! She's growing, learning, and changing so much every day. She's getting way better at standing on her own, crawls super fast all over the place, and is so close to walking. She walks really well with just holding onto one of mine or Andy's fingers and we barely need to support her.

She's talking a lot more. She says "mama", "dada", "no no", "ba ba", and "uh oh" or usually "uh uh oh!" She's so cute! She loves to blow bubbles, make motor boat sounds, and just listen to herself. Especially when we're in loud places like restaurants, she yells like she wants to make sure she's heard. Sounds like her Daddy. Ha! We're still working on waiving Bye Bye and she does it sometimes but not consistently. We're also teaching her to blow kisses when she tells us night night. I think that one will take a while for her to do on her own.

She loves to look at herself in the mirror. We have a mirror in our hall right outside her bedroom. We look in it every time we pass by and she smiles and giggles then reaches for herself in the mirror.

She loves for me to read to her and always wants to hold the book herself. One of my favorite things she does is when she's playing, sees me, and crawls over with a huge smile, climbs up on me and gives me a giant hug! Totally melts my heart!

She loves, loves, loves dogs! Everytime she sees one, she laughs and squeals. I think Katie and Daisy are going to be best buds.She loves "helping" mommy and daddy in the kitchen.She's getting so much better eating solids and feeding herself. When she was learning to feed herself I always clapped after each bite she fed herself on her own. So the first few days she fed herself really well, she clapped after each bite. So cute. But she only did that for a couple of days so I didn't get any video. :(

She's still pretty picky but if she has foods she likes she feeds herself really well, although she does drop quite a bit in her lap. :) She still isn't a fan of fruit but loves vegetables and likes meat pretty good too. She loves any type of cracker foods... cheerios, cheezits, Gerber puff cereal things, Gerber cheeto things, graham crackers...Next week at daycare they will start transitioning her into the 1 year old classroom. They transistion for a month. Some of the new things she'll be doing in there is scheduled lunch and snack time with ALL solid foods, scheduled nap time (on a mat... not in a crib!), circle time, art time, sensory, music and movement, and outside playtime. I think it will be funny to see them try to get her to sleep on a mat. I told her teachers I think I need to start praying for her new teachers now. LOL If you read my Colorado post about spending the night with Andy's family, then you know why I think this will be so funny.

She's starting to have a little bit of separation anxiety. In the mornings she's really clingy and cries for a minute when I leave and clings to Andy when he drops her off at daycare. She's good once she sees her teacher. She loves her teacher. I think a lot of her clinginess is because she's so sleepy. She practically snores while I nurse her in the morning, and every morning I try to lay her back down in her crib to go back to sleep until Andy's ready to feed her and take her to daycare. As soon as I lay her down, she sits up, looks at me and grins, then stands and walks along her crib towards me with a huge smile on her face and starts "talking" to me! So she stays up and plays while Andy gets ready for work.

She loves music and dances when she hears any.

She loves cartoons too. Her favorites (or I guess I should really say my favorites since I'm the one who turns them on and she likes them too) are Elmo's World and Sid the Science Kid.

She knows to reach for us when we start to unbuckle her carseat and starts to sit up for us to help her out. And she's started reaching for people to hold her too.

She loves to climb on everything and loves for Daddy to flip her! He sits her in his lap, leans her back, and holds onto her hands while she flips all the way over onto her feet. No pictures or video of that either but I'm sure I'll get some up sooner or later.


No comments: