Sunday, August 3, 2008

The Magic Hanky

If you've never heard this before, it is SO sweet. This was the point of my shower when I cried (and I think a lot of other people did too!) The bonnet came with the poem.

The Magic Hanky
-
"I'm just a little hanky, as square as square can be,
But with a stitch or two, they make a cap of me.
-
I'll be worn home from the hospital
or on Christening Day.
then I'll be carefully pressed
and neatly packed away.
-
For Her Wedding, so we've been told,
Every well-dressed Bride
should have that something old.
-
So what could be more fitting
than to find little me,
A few stitches snipped
and a wedding hanky I'll be.
-
And if per chance, it is a boy,
someday he'll surely wed.
So to his bride he can present
the hanky once worn upon his head."

1 comment:

Lauren said...

HI Amy!! I found your blog through Katie H.'s blog. Yea! Congratulations on your baby girl! It's a lot of fun. :)
My MIL also gave me one of the Magic Hanky's at a shower and I cried so much! It is the sweetest gift and really makes it "real" that you are having a baby girl. Enjoy these last few weeks with just you, Andy and the dogs and I am so glad I can keep up with you now!! :) -Lauren (from Bledsoe ARI)