Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Katie's coming soon!

Well, I went to the dr yesterday and asked if he expects Katie to come early since she's in the 74th percentile for size, I'm borderline diabetes, and in the 95th percentile for fluid retained... all of which I think can contribute to an early labor. He said he will definately want to get her out of there about a week or week and a half early. So we've set Oct 1 (not the 8th) to induce unless of coarse, something changes between now and then.

I go back in 2 weeks for another sonogram so they'll be able to tell me then if my fluid is gone down and if they're still wanting to induce on Oct 1!

That's only 8 weeks away! I can't believe it's getting so close!

We went to our 1st Prepared Childbirth class last night. That was fun. It's 3 classes. The next one will be really interesting. That's when we're going to really go through the whole labor and delivery process!

Oh yeah, and he said since I'm doing so good with my diabetes diet and my bloodsugar hasn't been high, I don't have to go back to the dietician. I still have to watch my diet and monitor my bloodsugar, but if it goes up (which has only happened after breakfast), I just need to change what I'm eating. But I can kind of monitor that at home rather than going to the dietician (who I didn't like.) I feel 100% better about all that now.

No comments: