Sunday, July 17, 2011

Proud Mama!

In Hannah's 3 month update I said it's been a big week in the Knapp house.  Hannah rolled over for the 1st time and we pulled out the bumbo seat and exersaucer for her this week. 

Katie's had a big week too.  She likes to play the Dora Skywriting app on my phone. It's a little challenging for her and she gets frustrated with it but still goes back to that one every time she plays games on my phone. Today I was doing dishes while she was playing with her chalkboard and she said, "Mama do you like my A?" I turned around and saw this!

I thought maybe Andy had written that earlier but then she drew another one.  I'm so proud of her.  She's really growing up!  I love teaching letters and sounds and teaching kids "how" to read.  I love that Katie's getting to the age where I can start teaching her letters and sounds and I'm sure it will feel like not time at all until she's old enough for me to start to teach her to read.  What an exciting age!


We decided to start potty training.  We tried for 2 evenings and all day 1 day and it was an absolute nightmare!  I can honestly say I've loved every minute of parenting (even when we have 2 year old toddler tantrums) but potty training has not been fun.  We were taking her to the potty every 30 minutes and even with a fun potty watch, Emlo potty book, etc she still threw fits most times we took her to the potty.  After the 1st full day, I cried and cried that night feeling like a horrible mother to put her through all of that if she's not ready.  The problem is that her daycare won't move her up to her 3 year old room unless she's fully potty trained so I feel like I have no choice but to do it now, even though she's not quite ready. 

After such a rough day though, I decided to step back and take a break for a little bit.  We'll try again next week.  But yesterday Katie asked me if she could wear her potty watch and sit on the potty.  She woke up from her nap with a completely dry diaper and used the potty when she got up!  It was all instigated by her.  I was so proud of her and she was proud of herself too.  She told me she was using the potty like her friends.  I told her that her friends at school are all learning to use the potty and apparently that was motivating for her.  I'm feeling a little more hopeful now that maybe next week when we try it again that it will go smoother.

Photobucket

No comments: