Sunday, February 20, 2011

We have a name...

In just 2 short months, we will welcome Hannah Grace into our family! 

We played around with several names but every time I asked Katie if she liked this name or that name, she said "No.  I like Hannah.  I like Abby."  We never mentioned either of those names to her.  Hannah is a friend of hers at school and Abby is from Sesame Street. 

My sister, Allison named me after her favorite baby doll and I always loved hearing that story.  I felt so special that my sister named me.  I also "inhereted" the "Amy" baby doll when I was little too. 

So I knew I wanted to go with Hannah or Abby so that we can share the story of how Katie named her baby sister and of those 2 names, Andy and I both like Hannah best.  We can now ask Katie who's in mommy's tummy.  She tells us "baby sister" and when we ask her what "baby sister's" name is, she will tell us that her name is "Hannah."

I haven't blogged much about Hannah yet so here's how the pregnancy has gone so far.

This pregnancy has been very different from my pregnancy with Katie.  I was never nauseous with Katie but with Hannah I was slightly nauseous all day long until about week 13.  At about 20 weeks, Hannah decided to lay on my sciatic nerve.  Ouch!  But that gave me an excuse for a prenatal massage.  The 2nd half of the pregnancy has been easier than the 1st half.

I'm finally that very uncomfortable stage.  I struggle to bend over and put on socks or tie my shoes (with Katie at this point it was summer and I wore flip flops every day).  It's hard for me to roll over in bed or get up off the couch.  And I have been getting really bad shooting leg pains at night.  Some nights I'm up every hour with these leg cramps and have to get out of bed and walk around to get them to go away.  I guess that's preparing me for the lack of sleep I'll have with a new baby in the house soon.  

I'm so excited for Katie to be a big sister.  I know she's going to be a great big sister.  She's growing up so fast and I know she'll be a big help with Hannah.

Photobucket

No comments: