Saturday, February 26, 2011

Katie's First Haircut

I've put it off long enough so today we finally took Katie for her 1st haircut.  I love her long hair and although it was getting a little scraggly, I just didn't want to cut too much off.  I'm sure the pregnancy horemones are the culprit, but I cried when I got off the phone after making her appointment then cried when we got there today while I was taking some "before" pictures.

The place we went was adorable.  Totally for kids.  Katie did great.  She barely said a word until we were completely done.  I don't think she really knew what to think.

The "Before" picture

She was very interested in the little girl getting her hair fixed in the Barbie jeep.

Pineapple shampoo! 
 
Katie's turn in the Barbie jeep.  It even has a pedal that makes the wheels turn when she steps on it.

She got to watch Dora while she got her hair cut.

We cut about 2 inches off.

 Getting "princess briads" in her hair after the cut.

The "After" picture!  I was really happy.  It's still long but looks much healthier.

After the haircut, she went to the party room and got a manicure.  She picked out the sparkle polish and pink nail polish.

They also let her pick out a ring from that bucket next to her.  Of coarse, she went straight for the biggest one in the bucket.  LOL
All done with her new haircut, princess braids, pink sparkly nail polish, 2 rings, and a glitter star on each cheek.

Andy told her how pretty she was then she started saying, "I'm so pretty!"

I have to agree.  I love having a girl!

We finished off our visit with a balloon and sucker.  Yum!  And they kept a lock of her hair in a little baggie for us and gave us a certificate to remember her 1st haircut.  So cute!  I still have a lock of my baby hair in my baby book and Mickie said she has a lock of Andy's baby hair too. 

We were right across the street from her favorite "restaurant"... Chick Fil A!  I tried to get a picture of her rings and nails at Chick Fil A but it's a little blurry.  Oh well.  She's down for a nap now.  We had a busy afternoon! 

Photobucket

No comments: