Saturday, October 3, 2009

Happy Happy Birthday

Well, Katie's birthday party was very eventful to say the least. I decided to make her cake and thought it would be no big deal to ice the cake the morning of her party. That was way more of a challenge than I thought it would be. Thank goodness Andy's mom knew how to ice a cake smoothly and was there to help. Besides not knowing how to smooth the icing out, we ran out of icing about half way through. In the end, at 1:30 I woke Katie up from her nap for her 2:00 party. Cake was still in pieces all over the counter with icing everywhere and Andy's mom finished icing the cake and putting it together for me while I fed Katie. I think it turned out great. And now I know next year not to wait until the last minute to make her cake!I had a cold but luckily Katie had been fine all week long... until she woke up at 1:30. She looked terrible. Poor baby. Her eyes were so red. She wasn't fussy, but was very cuddly. She clearly did not feel good. She was such a good sport though. She enjoyed her cake and made a pretty big mess with it.She got lots of great gifts and helped me open most of them in her new rocking chair.Her Aunt Mary made the adorable dress and birthday bloomers. She made her a birthday bib to match the bloomers too but I don't know if I got a picture with that.She had fun playing with her new toys for a little while,then cuddled and slept for a while with Daddy, Memaw, and Mimi.After her party, I took her temperature and it was 100.2. She took a nap and woke up looking and feeling totally fine. Little stinker. Literally sick for her party and that's it. Ha! Despite her not feeling great I'm pretty sure she had a good time. And after her nap she stayed up late playing with her new toys.

No comments: