Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Fluttering Butterflies

We've been growing caterpillars for the last couple of weeks at school. They hatched from their chrysalids last week but when we tried to release them Friday, they would not leave their butterfly garden. I tried nudging them with my finger, scrunching up the cage, poking them from the side of the cage and they just would not budge. I don't know if it was the weather or what so I told my kids I would bring them home and try again when it wasn't rainy.

So Saturday morning we let them go and watched to see what Katie would do when she saw them. She didn't notice them at first. There were too many people out there for her to look at. Mimi, Pop, and Becky were all there with Andy and me. She finally saw one and tried to grab it. Very cute. :)

No comments: