Sunday, April 5, 2009

6 month update

Last Monday Katie had her 6 month check up and she's doing great. She's 15lbs and 14oz now (50-60%). She has an ear infection in both ears but you would never know that. She's taking some medicine for that and I think it's better now.




Some things she's doing now:

* Dr. G said to start introducing the sippy cup to her. So far she's not interested.

* We also got the go ahead to start veggies and fruits. She still has oatmeal and barley cereal to try so it will be a couple of weeks before we get to the veggies. I can't wait! She loves her rice cereal and eats that really well. I bet she'll be really happy when we get to some foods with more flavor to them.


* sitting up on her own really well


* trying to stand- she can do it if I help her grip onto something and hold on to just one hand

* getting ready to crawl- I wouldn't call it crawling yet, but she slowly inches her way around when she's on her tummy for a while

* cooing, giggling, smiling, etc all the time

* She almost fits in her jumparoo now. I only have to put a couple of blankets under her for her feet to touch. She's more interested in the toys on it now and has started to jump in it.

* She loves the exersaucer. We don't have one... (we're getting one at the end of the month), but she LOVES the one at daycare!
I'm sure there's more, but that's all I can think of at 1:30 in the morning. :)

Here's a picture of her playing on the rag quilt I made for her. Yes, you heard me right... I made that. I just finished it today.
And here's her new shower curtain, bathroom rug, and towels I bought today. I think they're so cute (even though when I found out I was having a girl I said I wasn't going to do any "princess" stuff.)



No comments: