Friday, January 16, 2009

Special Gifts

Who would've guessed I could be so artsy? I got this idea from a friend who had some really cute plates made with her son's footprint. I found a design online that I thought I might could do and I must say, I was pretty proud of myself. I didn't think I could do something like this. We made 1 for Memaw and Papaw, 1 for Mimi and Pop, and 1 for me and Andy from Katie for Christmas. My sister, Mindy gave Katie this doll bed. I thought it looked a little like the one I used to play with when I was little and sure enough... it is! My 1st memory was when I was about 3-4 years old and I was playing "house" with one of my neighbors where we would take turns being the baby and laying in this doll bed. Mindy refinished it for me. It used to be yellow. My grandfather made it when my other sister, Allison was born in 1973. His name and the year is etched into the wood on the bottom. What a special gift!
Another special one... this was an apron that Andy had when he was little.


It's so neat to be able to give Katie some of the same things we used when we were kids.

1 comment:

Mindy said...

That plate is PRECIOUS! You are going to have to tell me how you did that. It looks professional.