Monday, January 30, 2012

Katie Bug Update!

I love my Katie bug so much and she's growing up so fast!
Shoe shoppign with Mommy and trying on my shoes.

I love family movie night.  Popcorn and Sprite are her movie night treats.  So fun!

Katie got this fun little car track for Christmas.  She loves it!
But we learned pretty quick that the wheels do get caught in her hair.

Even with a ponytail...  Now she plays with her hair in a bun and with me or Andy in the room to make sure she doesn't get it in her hair.  She still loves the toy though.


Katie is still a pretty sound sleeper but she takes after her daddy.  She just does not require a ton of sleep.  She usually naps at school but not for too long.  About once a week she doesn't nap at all.  She usually goes to be around 9:00.  If we put her in bed earlier, she doesn't sleep anyway.  She stays in bed but will bring toys in bed with her to play or if we don't have toys out where she can get to them, she still lays in bed singing and talking to herself and doesn't go to sleep until close to 10:00.

She's also started waking up on her own around 7:00 or 7:30.  On weekends when she wakes up she comes into our bedroom and crawls in bed with us to watch cartoons until Hannah wakes up.  On school days I'm already awake so I've started just getting her up at 6:45 and getting her ready for school.


A little cuddle time with my girls.

We like to watch America's Funniest Home Videos while we eat dinner. Katie has so much fun watching that show and laughs and makes noises just like Andy and I do.
Such sweet sisters.  Katie loves to hold Hannah!

Andy took a short vacay over the weekend.  This was getting ready to pick him up at the airport.  We sure did miss him!  (Notice the precious diaper bag over there that Mary made for me.  Hannah's name is monogrammed on the other side.)

Katie LOVES strawberries.  I bought some for my snacks for the week and Katie asked for some too when she saw me washing and cutting them up.  She ate the entire pack of strawberries!

Our bedtime routine consists of bath and pjs, brush teeth and hair, read a book, Bible story, or nightlight devotional book if we have time, night night hugs and kisses, then prayers and night nights.  I always say (and she repeats) "Night night.  Sweet dreams.  Sleep tight.  Don't let the bed bugs bite.  I love you.  See you tomorrow.  Marshmallow."  Not sure where "marshmallow" came from but she always wants me to say it.

Andy and I always go back and "tuck her in" on our way to bed.  Sometimes she kind of stirs a little but always goes right back to sleep.  One night when I went to tuck her in she opened her eyes a little bit.  I said good night and she started crying because she wanted to say another prayer.  She was still half asleep and couldn't even finish a sentence but we said night night prayers again and she went right back to sleep.  I love my little girl.  So sweet.

We spent some time over the Christmas break cleaning and organizing toys...

But it didn't stay that way long at all.

She still loves looking at her books.  I can't wait until she really learns to read them.  Right now she makes up stories or sometimes starts out making up a story to match the pictures then just says some random mumble jumble while looking at each page.  I sure hope that's not what she hears when I read to her.  LOL


Look at her in that carseat.  How did she get so big?
Photobucket

No comments: