Monday, September 19, 2011

Birthday Baking

Katie loves helping me cook.  I bought a Tupperware "kids in the kitchen" baking set and I can't wait to use it with her.  We had breakfast for dinner a few weeks ago at Katie's request and she helped me cook.  She doesn't like doing the eggs though.  It makes a mess and she says it's yucky so she says mommy does the eggs. 


As my birthday tradition, I made Katie's birthday cake(s).  She decided on a Veggie Tales birthday party so I was going to make a Bob the Tomato cake and a Larry the Cucumber cake.  After making those 2 cakes, I realized that wasn't much cake so I made Laura Carrot (AKA "Snoozie" according to Katie).  Then Katie kept saying "we're going to have Bob and Larry and Snoozie and Junior"!  She was so excited about them, I couldn't resist making a Junior Asparagus cake too.  So we made 4 cakes!  And Katie helped me bake them all.




You can't forget the best part... licking the spoon and bowl when you're done!  Daddy joined in for this part too.



She also helped with the crumb coat of icing on Bob.



And here are the final products!  I think they turned out realy cute.  Junior is my favorite.




Photobucket

No comments: