Sunday, September 19, 2010

Big Bug Bite!

Well, we discovered that either Katie is allergic to mosquito bites or her skin is just very sensitive because she's so little still.

On Meet the Teacher day (Friday) Andy called me and told me he was going to need to take Katie to the doctor.  When he got her up in the morning this is what she looked like.

The doctor sent her to the ER, since it was her eye, to make sure there wasn't anything going on beneath the surface.  I met Andy and Katie up at the ER and this is how she looked.  Eye completely swollen shut.
They determined that it was only a surface inflamation with no infection and sent us home with a little medicine.  As I was getting her ready for bed and brushing her teeth I saw a mosquito bite on her right eye.  Within minutes it started swelling.  Within 30 minutes it was almost swollen shut and when she woke up Saturday morning both eyes were swollen almost completely shut.

Bless her little heart.  She was such a trooper.  Didn't complain much, just occasionally rubbed her eyes and said, "Eye hurt.  Eye itch."

The left eye was much better by the time she went to bed Saturday night and her right eye was good by Monday morning.  What are the odds that she would get a mosquito bite on both eyes 2 nights in a row!  But apparently that's what happened. 

Photobucket

1 comment:

Country livin mom said...

My son's eye is swelling shut aswell and since he has a dozen other bites, I figured the misquito must have also bitten his eye. Thanks for posting your pics, they certainly confirm my suspicions