Friday, April 30, 2010

Routines

I love how Katie is learning so much and understands much of what we say to her.  We have our after school routine that starts with me asking her where we are when we pull into the garage.  She still repeats me and says "are we?"  Then I tell her "We're home!" and she says "home".

She closes the door behind us...

Next we let the dogs outside and she helps me feed them.  If she spills their food, she picks it up (one piece at a time... we're working on grabbing handfuls) and puts it back in the right bowl.  You can hear the dogs are anxiously awaiting their dinner. 

I apologize for the poor video taping.  I was trying to tape and help her at the same time.  I taped this before Andy was home from work. 

"Katie, lets take off our shoes!"

"Put your shoes in the closet."

"Now close the door."

"Where do your socks go?"

Now it's cuddle time with Mommy while Katie eats her afternoon snack.

We dropped her afternoon nap this week and she's done pretty good.  She goes to sleep about an hour-and hour and a half earlier and she falls asleep within 5 minutes.  She used to stay up almost an hour every night either rocking with me or playing in her crib.  No more of that!

Photobucket

No comments: