Friday, January 15, 2010

What's Katie Been Up To Lately? (part 2)

Too much to put in just 1 post so here's some more that Katie is doing these days...

~She likes to climb in the kitchen cabinets and play with our tuperware.  Santa brought her a kitchen set and some tuperware all of her own!



~I love our snack time after school.  She sits with me on the couch and cuddles while she eats her snack out of her new snack trap.  Then she goes down for her afternoon nap while I pick up and get dinner ready.
~She's walking great and even runs pretty good (unless she's sleepy.)   When she's really sleepy she starts losing her balance and falling a lot.  LOL  She loves for Daddy to chase her.  When I call her to come to me she thinks it's a game too.  She stares at me and smiles then when I go to get her, she runs away laughing.

~She crawls up our stairs really good.  Sometimes she'll crawl 1 stair at a time then turn her head to look at me because she's waiting for me to "get her" and tickle her.  I tickle her a little bit then she laughs and quickly crawls up another step to "get away" and on and on all the way to the top of the stairs.

~She has 8 teeth now... 4 on top and 4 on bottom.  We started brushing her teeth after her 1st birthday.  She likes it sometimes but mostly if she's sitting in front of a mirror watching.

~I started blowdrying her hair every now and then.  She loves the hair dryer.  Especially if she's watching in a mirror.  She laughs at herself when she's watching.

~She likes to help me put her lotion on after her bath and rubs her tummy.  I've even seen her lift her shirt a few times and pat her belly too.  LOL

~We say our bedtime prayers every night and when I tell her "Let's say our prayers" she puts her hands together (if she's in the right mood) to get ready for our prayers.

~She loves "Old MacDonald" and "Itsy Bitsy Spider".  Sometimes she tries to copy the motions for "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and she sings "Old MacDonald" with us.

~She plays peek a boo and covers her face herself with her blankie.  She thinks it so funny when she pulls it off her face and we say "Peek A Boo.  I see you!"  Or when her face is covered we'll say "Where's Katie?"  Then when she uncovers her face we say "There she is!" and she giggles.

~She holds the telephone up to her ear and says "hello".


~She shakes her head all the time.  Sometimes just for fun and sometimes to say "no".

~She signs "all done."

~She knows that bows belong in her hair and holds her bows up to her head.  But she doesn't like to keep them in her hair.  She tries to take them out when I put them on her.

~She makes bubble noises (moving her finger over her lips while making sounds) and pats her mouth while making sounds.  It's fun to hear her explore with the sounds she can make.

~She loves Elmo!  She recognizes specific toys and will get what we ask her for with lots of her toys, especially Elmo, her Hippo, balls, books, Tigger, doggies (and she knows which one is Bailey and which one is Daisy), and juice.  If we have our DVD cabinet open she goes over to it, says Elmo and will look at DVDs until she finds an Elmo one (only if it's on top of either shelf.)

~Her vocabulary is growing like crazy.  Here are the things she's saying so far (along with her 1st words I've posted already)she says... Memaw, Papaw, Mimi, Pop, Elmo (she says "Melmo"), her hippo she got in the hospital when she was born (she says "Bop Bo"), Katie (she says "Day Dee"), book, ball, football, quack, neigh (she says "ay"), baby (everything is baby!), Bailey, Daisy, yum yum, thank you, cookie, yea (she says "ay" and claps)

I've already started a new list of things she's done for the first time in the last couple of weeks including more words, but I'll save those for a 15 month update coming soon.  She's actually almost 16 months already, but she had her 15 month checkup a couple of weeks ago so I have a new weight and stuff I'll share soon.
That's all I've got now.  I know it's a lot but this blog is her baby book so I try to keep up with everything here.   :)

No comments: