Saturday, September 19, 2009

One Year Ago Today...


was a Friday and I was 37 weeks pregnant and huge! (I forgot how big I was with her!) I left school and called my doctor. I had been feeling Katie move but not as much as my doctor said I should. He told me to go to labor and delivery so they could check me and baby out.
~
This happened 2 months earlier too and they had hooked me up to monitors, heard her moving, did a sonogram and saw her moving all over the place. I was retaining too much fluid so I couldn't feel her much. When they told me that I was just embarassed that I had even gone in.
~
So I expected the same thing to happent his time. I went to the hospital with left over food from school in my car... really, I wasn't going to be there long. I called Andy and told him to go ahead and play his soccer game that night. I wouldn't be at the hospital long and I wasn't worried because I knew what they were going to tell me... same thing they said last time, and I would meet him at his game when I was done.
~
Well, that didn't happen. Yes, Katie was fine and I was just retaining too much fluid still to feel her move much. But when they did the sonogram they saw the cord was around her neck. They said that really isn't a big deal. They deliver babies like that all the time with no problems but the combination of that and me not feeling her, they decided to admit me and monitor us. They figured if they sent me home, I would just worry and be back up there anyway. So no, "go home and get your things, then come back up and admit yourself." But rather, "you're not going home. We'll keep you here until Wednesday (when I would be 38 weeks pregnant) and we will induce!"
A moment that would change mine and Andy's life forever in such a wonderful way.
~
It would've been helpful if I had my bags packed already. It wasn't easy explaining to Andy exactly what all I needed, but he got everything I needed together for me and our week long stay in the hospital. We were kind of "known" by all the nurses for having our 5 disc dvd player up there with all seasons of Friends and The Office. They would always stop and watch a little bit when they came to visit. LOL
~
I was so excited but at the same time I think that's when the nervousness really set in. That was the point of reality that I had a full grown baby in my tummy and she had to come out! I was so thankful to have Andy, Friends, and The Office to help pass the time and keep my mind occupied! What a long 5 days of excitement and anticipation!

No comments: