Saturday, November 27, 2010

Happy 50th Anniversary!

My parents celebrated their 50th Anniversary this month!  Wow!  That's so awesome!  I love my parents so much and am so thankful for the example they set for me of what a marriage should be. 

My brother and sisters and families all went to visit them the weekend after their anniversary and had a little party for them.

The Whole Family

The Original 5 with Papaw and Memaw:
Danny, Jana, Papaw, Memae, Mindy, Allison, Amy

The McCoys and Wiebes with Papaw and Memaw

The Wilks with Papaw and Memaw

The Browns with Papaw and Memaw

The Ates with Papaw and Memaw

The Knapps with Papaw and Memaw

All 9 Grandchildren with Memaw and Papaw
  
The Flamingo Fairy came and decorated their yard with all those red hearts.

Danny cooked yummy gumbo and then we had cake.  We made sure to get pictures of Mama and Daddy cutting the cake and feeding it to each other like they did 50 years ago at their wedding.  So sweet!

It was all a surprise and they were so happy.  That was a weekend I'll always remember.

Photobucket

No comments: