Tuesday, July 27, 2010

St. Elmo Chipmunks

One of my favorite places to go in Colorado is St. Elmo.  It's an old ghost town with more chipmunks than I've ever seen in 1 place.  They're so used to people coming to see them up there that they are not scared of you and will eat right out of your hand.

Hanging out on the balcony at the condo in Silverthorne

St. Elmo (on the way from Silverthorne to Pagosa Springs)
Katie wanted to pet the chipmunks, but they run away if you try to pet them.
Awesome photography by Andy

Notice the stuffed chipmunk.  We couldn't leave St. Elmo without a souvineer.  We got it at the only building that I know of in the town that's still used... The General Store across the street from the chipmunks.

"Where'd he go?"
Lots of chipmunks...

This is one of my favorite videos.  Katie LOVED feeding the chipmunks.  Sorry for the "clicks" during part of the video.  I discovered that I can take pictures while videoing, but I didn't realize it was going to pause the taping and make a click on the video.
If you can't see the video, click here.


Photobucket

No comments: