Monday, September 22, 2008

Only 2 More Days!

Well, my doctor sent me to labor and delivery Friday after school because I haven't been feeling Katie move as much this week as I had been before. They hooked her up to the monitors and she's doing great. I'm retaining a lot of fluid again and that's why I can't feel her all the time.

They also saw in a sonogram that the cord is around her neck. The doctors said, although that always scares the parents to death, it's actually very common and not a big deal. They even have "regular" deliveries with the cord around the neck all the time and everything's OK. The horror stories you hear are very uncommon. That's why they monitor mom and baby so closely in labor and delivery.

So with the combination of the cord, my fluid, and my inability to feel her move much they decided to keep me here until they induce on Wednesday!

Katie's doing so well they took her off the monitors and are just checking her 3 times a day now. I'm much more comfortable now without those monitors on my belly. I'm just hanging out watching lots of TV and Friends! I can't believe in just 2 days we'll be inducing!

We'll post updates and pictures when Katie's here. So make sure and check back at the end of the week!

4 comments:

Mindy said...

I can't believe you'll meet Katie in only 2 days. Please keep us posted. Matthew and I will be praying for you.

Michael & Meaghan said...

I'm glad everything is alright. I know you're probably nervous but excited all at the same time. Can't wait to hear when you have Katie.

Michael & Meaghan said...

I'm glad everything is alright. I know you're probably nervous but excited all at the same time. Can't wait to hear when you have Katie.

Todd, Jenn, Sam, Ali, Max and Herculez said...

That is so exciting. So glad to hear all is ok. I know that can be scary. We can't wait to meet Katie